There is total of two projects: 7 videos (approx 2 hours & 20 minutes ) total of video content + a printable supportive PDF for the second lesson.
Project one: Earth Guardian
Project two: Rebirth, Renewal, Transformation
All the videos are downloadable and you have lifetime access.
After you sign up, you can instantly access your class from your personal classroom.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN IN THIS CLASS:
- Various oil pastel techniques – soft blending & creating texture
- Connecting with our spirit animals
- Creating a story though art with symbolism and imagery
- Creating a glow effect on dark paper
- Choosing a cohesive color palette
- Drawing animals and feathers with oil pastels
- creating luminous layers
- Composition and flow
- And so much more!
WHAT KIND OF SUPPLIES TO I NEED FOR THIS WORKSHOP?
YOU DON’T HAVE TO GO BUYING EVERYTHING ON THE LIST, MANY THINGS MIGHT BE SUBSTITUTED FOR MATERIALS YOU ALREADY HAVE! BELOW IS A LIST OF TOOLS I WILL BE USING, ALONG WITH LINKS. DON’T HESITATE TO ASK IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS
- 1 sheet of 9×12″ (or larger) black pastel paper and 1 sheet of 9×12″ (or larger) gray tinted pastel paper (I used the Flecked series of Fabriano Tiziano pastel paper) If you can’t find pastel paper you can also paint a regular paper with mat acrylic or black gesso or grey matt acrylic to tint it and give it a tiny bit of tooth. I strongly suggest you don’t go much smaller than 9×12″ for starting out, as it will be much harder to get in the details otherwise.
- A light colored pastel pencil (for sketching), and Brown Conte pencil or pastel pencil
- Oil pastels. I used the Sennelier oil pastels (but please use what you have as long as they are good quality.) I highly recommend getting just a few colors of a good brand instead of many colors from a cheap one, as it will save you lots of frustration in the end.
- A rag or napkins to clean both your hands and the pastels
- Porcupine stick, skewer or something pointed to scratch into the pastel
- Tortillions or blending sticks (optional but helpful)