The art of expression workshop
For many years I was almost afraid to share this more intimate side of my art, where I knew I would feel, well, kind of vulnerable. I think that’s the most difficult part in creating. We share a part of us that is often hidden to others. We expose a glimpse of our soul.
I believe we all have an amazing story to tell.
We all have strong emotions we may be afraid to expose, or maybe, just don’t know how.
I would like to show you my methods, and how I do this. It’s certainly not easy, and I struggle with it every time I paint. But I hope this can inspire you to try it yourself and find your own expressive voice. To really feel what you are painting, and transmit some of that through your pencil or paintbrush.
It may be a crazy ride, and it’s certainly not going to be a walk in the park.
This workshop is for you if you have been looking to awaken that soulful side of your art, get out of your comfort zone, learn new techniques, and take it another step .
We will be covering several topics and techniques such as:
- Expressive, intuitive portraits
- Creating movement in a full-body painting
- Layering with acrylics
- Creating a visual story with simple elements
- The importance of facial expression
- Creating contrast through layering
- Quick sketching and with simple tools, and how to transmit emotions through different strokes
- Drawing and painting a male portrait
- Drawing and painting hands and how this can add drama to our portraits
- how to create luminosity and a glowing effect with acrylics
- Painting a female portrait and expressive eyes
- Adding a dramatic backdrop to tell our story
- And much more….
I hope you will join me in this amazing adventure of finding your own authentic voice.
A journey of soulful expression through art!