Welcome to Valkyrie, a watercolor workshop!
I filmed this class during a very challenging time in my life.
I found that no matter what we are going through in our life,
we always have the strength and courage within to overcome…
I only we can find it within ourselves.
We are all warriors, one way or another.
In this workshop I show you my favorite techniques with watercolor:
How to layer to avoid mud, creating luminous skin tones, and depth.
I also share some tips and tricks on adding texture, linework, gold,
and special effects while staying loose and intuitive at the same time.
I hope you enjoy creating with me!
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN IN THIS CLASS:
- My favorite watercolor techniques
- Finding the courage to create during hard times
- Creating a portrait with symbolism and imagery
- Creating luminous skin tones
- Choosing a cohesive color palette
- Layering with watercolor to avoid mud
- Adding line work and texture
- Using Nordic runes for divination and inspiration
- Using gold with watercolor
- Creating a personal story with art
- Using meditation to create from within
- And so much more!
WHAT KIND OF SUPPLIES DO I NEED?
You don’t have to buy everything on the list.
Many things can be substituted for materials you already have.
- Watercolor paper (I used Canson, 12×16″ cold press 140Ib)
- Paintbrushes (I used a 12, an 8 and a 2, (& an aqua brush)
- straw, salt, napkins and water jar
- Watercolors of your choice:
- I used Shadow violet, moonglow, lunar black
- bloodstone genuine, opera pink,
- quinacridone gold, and gold from Daniel Smith
- payne’s gray, pthalo turquoise, and cobalt teal
- A palette for mixing and diluting colors
- Pencil & eraser (& kneaded eraser)
- Gold calligraphy ink
- White goauche or white ink
- Stone, bronze and/or glitter, if desired
- Varnish (I used Liquitex high gloss Varnish)