Do you love to paint all things mystical and magical?
In this workshop I will be showing you my acrylic techniques and all the special glow effects I love to achieve, while painting one of my favorite subjects…
The Elves of light from Tolkiens’ Lord of the Rings.
For this project I chose to paint Lady Galadriel and the pool of visions.
This workshop has a total of 6 videos: One painting project plus a bonus video on style development.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN IN THIS CLASS:
- Getting familiar with acrylics
- Painting a portrait with acrylics
- Layering and achieving a glow effect
- painting magical backgrounds
- using elements and symbolism to tell a visual story
- Using a limited palette to create drama
- What style development means to me
- and so much more!
What supplies do I need for this class?
Please note that you don’t have to go out and buy everything! Many things can be substituted with what you have.
- Acrylic paper (I used 400 gsm, 10×14?) or heavy watercolor paper (300gsm) You can also use a canvas.
- Charcoal pencils
- White gesso
- Heavy body acrylics: (I used these colors but feel free to use what you have) Titanium white, Payne’s gray or black, cadmium yellow and red medium, teal, dioxazine purple, deep violet, light blue violet, turquoise deep, emerald green, a deep bright blue, prussian blue or dark blue.
- Acrylic paintbrushes (I used medium and small filberts, small round for details, and a small square tip for getting a straight point edge)
- A rag and paper towels, a water jar
- For the wet palette you will need: A container lid, some paper towels, baking or grease proof paper, a spray bottle.
- A white posca pen